Friday, December 5, 2008

Developing An LDS Ward Mission Plan

I came across this ward mission plan for the Little Cottonwood 8th Ward which can give us an idea of how to start a ward mission plan. I found it to be very general in nature. I don't really see it as a clearly spelled out plan but more of a vision statement with a focus rather than clear objectives. It is better than my current ward has in that I don't believe we have written one. Every ward in the church should have some type of mission plan in order to give direction to the member missionary work in their ward or stake. An earlier post entitled Solving the Convert Decline in the U.S. and Canada discussed the importance of having a mission plan in the survey.

I wonder if other ward mission leaders would like to share their documents. You can paste them in the comment section after this post. Do you have any suggestions for those of us who haven't completed a mission plan?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most Wards think that the WML & Ward Missionaries are all it takes to have a Ward Mission. The facts are this. The WML needs to involve all of the Ward Leadership from Bishop down to the Primary in the Missionary effort or any and all plans no matter how well thought out is doomed to fail.
Rod Erling WML for 17 years.

Unknown said...

Thank you Rod, I have just been called as the WML for a new ward in the United Kingdom and I have found your comment most helpful especially as I have been tasked by our Bishop to put together the Ward Mission Plan for the ward. Allon Shaftoe WML Chorley 4th Ward.