Friday, December 10, 2010

Christmas: Elder Horspool, an LDS online missionary.

     It's good to be a missionary.  My name is John David Horspool Jr, and I'm a missionary currently serving in the town of Thermopolis, Wyoming.  The people here are wonderful, especially the members of the church.  They make missionary work away from home and family much more bearable during the holiday season.  Why are we away from home? Why are we here, apart from our families for two years, teaching people about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and the restored gospel of Jesus Christ?  Because we know it's true. We know it will bless your life.  I've met so many people while serving a mission who are struggling, trying to figure out what they're doing with their lives, wondering why they're unhappy, or what is missing.  I've met people who are directed, accomplished, and have much to be grateful for, but still aren't truly happy.  I've also met people who have purpose, who are finding great satisfaction in life, and are happy.  The common factor: They know God.  In the Montana Billings Mission, here in Thermopolis, Wyoming, I want to help anyone I can have that same purpose, that same happiness. Living the principles of the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ is how each of us can find purpose and have true happiness in this life.  That's why I am here serving a mission, and that's why we're all here on earth.  Learn the Gospel, and live it.

No comments: