Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Determined: Sister King LDS Online Missionary


I never thought that I would one day be a missionary for the church of Jesus Christ of latter-Day saints. It was something that I never planned on or had in store for myself but I am so happy that Heavenly Father had it in store for me. I instantly loved being a missionary the day I entered the MTC (missionary training center). I was nervous to be one of the Lord's missionaries because I was just young girl who I thought for sure no one would listen too. An amazing thing began to happen though, I began to understand more and more the importance of this church being that this is truly Jesus Christ's church. I began to understand how important it is that all must hear this message and that here in his church is where anyone can find the most happiness that our Father in heaven has for us. That was it, I was determined to continue on and serve the Lord and his children.



the day after my knee surgery
I was to be in the MTC for 3 weeks before I could go out to Michigan and serve the people there but then in the last week something unexpected happened. I had dislocated my knee. I thought to my self it's no big deal, my knee had relocated it's self, I will be able to go out to Michigan. But I had felt prompted that I must get it checked out and some how I knew with in my self that it was not going to be good news. So I faced a dilemma go get it checked out and brace the bad news or just shrug it off, continue on to Michigan and be a Missionary (which was what I really wanted to do). I could not ignore the prompting to get it checked out any longer and the news was that damage had been done and I needed surgery. I got the surgery and stayed in the MTC and extra 6 weeks. All along the way I was told that I could just go home if I wanted but I really wanted to be missionary and I was just so grateful that even if I was still in the MTC I was still a missionary and I wasn't going to give up.


Well I Have made it to Michigan and yes I still love being a missionary! I love this church with all of my heart it has been with out a doubt the biggest blessing in my life and in my family's life. Deciding to proclaim the Restored gospel, church, and truth of Jesus Christ has been the best decision I have ever made. It has been hard to leave my family for a 18 months to do this but it is so worth it to help and see a family gain the same blessings and happiness that my family has found. I still get nervous that I am inadequate to do this great work but the the greatest thing is that this is not my work or church, it is the Lord's and his hand is always in it.

With love,

Sister Vanessa King

Michigan Lansing Mission

Check out my blog:  Just A Girl on A Mission

No comments: