Sunday, December 12, 2010

Elder Meza: LDS Online Missionary

My name is Elliott Meza and currently I am serving as a full time online missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was called to serve in the Honduras San Pedro Sula Mission but due to an injury I was reassigned to serve here as an online missionary. I love to play the guitar, write music and I sometimes try to sing. Very rarely I will sound good, other times I just sit and play without my voice. I spent the first 8 to 9 years of my like growing up in a very poor area in Tijuana Mexico, then my family moved to Las Vegas where I lived before my mission. I had an injury that was way out of the ordinary. My injury was said to have been worse than that of a car wreck by my orthopedic surgeon.
It caused all sorts of problems from my knee to my ankle. I was minutes away from having my leg amputated so I am very blessed to still have it. Also very blessed to live in a time when doctors can fix even some of the worst injuries.


Elder Meza with Elder Jeffrey R. Holland
Now I serve in what is called the Referral Center Mission at the Missionary Training Center making me a missionary who is piloting a new program along with other great missionaries. We serve online all day and that is why we have the title full time online missionaries. We are the only ones who proselyte over the internet and we have seen lots of blessings and success. I have a firm testimony of the church, the gospel and the atonement. It has only grown more since I began to serve here in August of 09. The trials have made my faith grow, and trust in my Father in Heaven even more.

From the things I learned on my mission and the many more that I will learn my testimony will never leave me. I know without a doubt that we have a loving God who sacrificed His loving Son. I love my Savior and I love my Father in Heaven!

Elder Elliott Meza

Referral Center Mission Provo MTC

Check out my blog:  Let's Chat

No comments: