Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Making New Friends: 40 New Investigators in A Week

Dearest Family!

This week has been awesome. We have been having  an adventure and finding many new friends. Many people are prepared to  hear the gospel and I love them all. We have been teaching many  children lately and they are so precious. I can see why the children  are favorites. We have been doing a lot of finding this transfer,  because I only have one companion now Sister Caluyo and the area is  split so there is four of us. Sister Williams and Sister Tumala. I  love the Greeny she is so nice and is way fun. We all live together and it's definitely good memories!

Our area is split so we basically can go any where in the area we want. We didn't set specific boundaries for our companionships because  we can discover new areas if there are no limits! We got to choose how the area was split. It seems like there are a million people we  haven't met yet and we had 40 new investigators this week and invited  500+ people to learn! We are only increasing everyday.
Everyday on the mission is a good day. It seems like the happiest I have ever been is in the service of the Lord. Teaching about Jesus and  His ministry only brings happiness to missionaries. I have always  wondered why missionaries were so happy I know why now.

We got to help a lady cut apart sandal straps yesterday. I didn't  even think that people actually hand made the straps of the sandals!

This  really is the perfect place for me I don't miss the cold one minute!  The weather has been really perfect my whole time in the Philippines.  we get a little rain and then sun. Sun brings happiness in my opinion!  That's probably why the people are so humble and happy here! All the  people always say good morning and such or wave at you they are the most  friendly people I have ever met. I feel like I am now Itom and not Puti (black and not white haha). The people either whisper puti or American then I shock them with speaking Bisayan to them and they are  amazed! Too many tourist in the Philippines haha!

Well I love you all and you are in my prayers!

Nahigugma Ko kaninyo!

Sister Bruno

No comments: