Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Gospel of Joy

Hey everyone! My name is Sister Meaders. I'm currently serving in the New York Rochester Mission, one of the pilot programs for online missionaries. In addition to our regular, face-to-face proselyting, we spend about 2 hours a week working on blogs and Facebook, sharing the gospel with whomever we can reach and in whatever medium we can.

It's so amazing to see the way that the Lord is fulfilling His promise that He will "bring forth [His] word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth" (2 Nephi 29: 7). We're told that the amazing leaps in technlology today are inspired of the Lord, and inventions like airplanes and the internet are to fulfill His purposes (Ensign, April 1988). I know that's true!


As an online missionary, I try to get on the internet twice a week for about an hour. I maintain a blog, all about my thoughts and ideas as a missionary, which you can get to by clicking right here. The title, "Gospel of Joy," is meant to convey that Mormons really are a joyful lot. Yes, we're weird by the world's standards, but we're happier than the average because we know who we are and we know God's plan for us. I also have a Facebook page and would be happy to have you as a friend. You can access it from my blog.

Basically, we just want to be able to reach more people. If you have friends who are curious, but afraid of actual, real-life missionaries (who wouldn't be, right?), you can send them to one of our blogs and they can read a little about our beliefs. My last couple of posts have been about doubt and fear, and how I overcome them through prayer and scripture study. I know that sharing testimony in any medium can help others come unto Christ, and I'm really grateful for the opportunity to add my voice and my testimony to the mix!

Sister Melanie Meaders, New York Rochester Mission

No comments: