Thursday, March 31, 2011

Teach Me How to Jimmer (THE ORIGINAL)

There is a lot of hype about Jimmer! People who don't even play basketball are hearing all about this BYU player. I am a Mormon so I of course have heard about it and I would in fact like to be as good at basketball as him. I am a 5-8 missionary though. And I do not practice half as much as he does! Some people are trying to be like Jimmer. I am trying to be like Jesus. How many YouTube videos are about Jesus?
I want there to be a contest about who can make the most views YouTube on their video about the Savior. I mean a video about Jesus that makes Him look as good as this video makes Jimmer look! Who will share His talent and His skills?


I have a favorite song about following the example of Jesus:
1. I’m trying to be like Jesus,I’m following in His ways.I’m trying to love as He did,in all that I do and say. At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,but I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,(Chorus)2. I’m trying to love my neighbor,I’m learning to serve my friends.I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.I try to remember the lessons He taught,then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts,saying: (Chorus)“Love one another as Jesus loves you.Try to show kindness in all that you do.Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,for these are the things Jesus taught.” Copyright © 1980 by Janice Kapp Perry. All rights reserved. Making copies of this music for use within the Church is permitted. This notice must be included on each copy made.


1 comment:

Elder Hughes said...

You are definitely right, a whole lot of people know who Jimmer is.

Check out my blog