Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Becoming A Senior Companion in the Philippines

Dear Fams!

Turns out that I transferred to BOHOL!! Baclayan Area. We are only a branch here in Baclayan. I am now a follow-up trainer!! My companion is Sister Akiatan. I was so shocked when I found out so was Sister Falculan. We told our investigators that she would be leaving, but turns out it was I who was transferring...

It is so different being a senior companion. It's not easy, but it gives me more freedom. Which I don't know if I like that or not.

For a CSP this past Monday we tore down a house and re-built it. It was awesome.

We live right across the street from the beach. We go running every morning on the pier. Its amazing!! I love the view.

We have been visiting investigators and Brother Archie Bernaldo lives in the jungle we had to hike one hour to get to him. It was worth it for the view. The trail hugs the edge of this river. Kids were rope swinging, and he lives at this resort house so you can image how pretty it is.

Our branch seems not that active in the work, but I set a meeting with President and with the ward mission leader. I hope that my first impression is not correct.

We have a baptism set for this next Saturday 23 July 2011. We will do everything we can to make it a success.

I am so tired after work, because all of the places we go its like a hike.Its called Baclayan which translates to walking for a good reason, because we do a lot of walking.

They say Bohol is a hard place for missionary work, but I have faith that if we work hard it won't be.

OFF ISLAND!!

Loving it!

Sister Bruno

No comments: