Thursday, August 25, 2011

Hello from Florida/Georgia!

Hi! I am Sister Prettyman and I am from a small town in Utah. I am currently serving an 18 month mission for the Lord in the Florida Jacksonville mission and I LOVE IT! I was asked (quite a while ago) to write something pertaining to online missionary work and my purpose as an online missionary. I'm sorry it has taken me so long! :)

Here in the Florida Jacksonville Mission we quote a scripture and our 'vision' every single day. They define who we are, what our purpose is, and who we want to become.

It goes like this, "Behold, I [insert your name] am a disciple of Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I have been acalled of him to declare his word among his people, that they might have everlasting life" (3 Nephi 5:13). "I am a diligent, obedient, worthy, powerful, and holy disciple of Jesus Christ now and forever" (FJM).

As a missionary online and in the 'real world' my purpose is the same,
to "invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, repentance, baptism by immersion, receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end" (Preach My Gospel).

I absolutely LOVE being a missionary and one of my favorite things about sharing the gospel with my brothers and sisters is being able to witness the miraculous changes that take place in their lives as they accept our Savior and His atonement and do all they can to follow him no matter what their vice may have been. I LOVE it!!! There is nothing better!

My favorite quote from one of the Twelve Apostles is "My chief responsibility, my primary responsibility, and in a sense my total responsibility, is to bear witness of the Lord Jesus Christ" (Jeffery R. Holland). It is SO true and this quote should define everyone's responsibility and duty. We have each been commanded by God to share the gospel with those around us and to help our brothers and sisters along the path that leads to Eternal Life.

I love this gospel and I do my very best each day to fulfill my responsibility as a missionary, as a disciple, and as a daughter of God. I love my Savior Jesus Christ and my Father in Heaven with all my heart. I love sharing the love that I receive from them with others. I am so grateful (words cannot describe) for this opportunity to give 18 months of my life to serving the Lord with all my heart, might, mind, and strength. It is so worth it.

I am grateful to have been called to the Florida Jacksonville mission and to labor with others who have been called to this great work as well. Thank you for this opportunity to share why I am here doing what I do and I pray that each of you has a wonderful day! And always remember, no matter who you are,GOD LOVES YOU and is aware of you no matter what situation you may be in. I say these things in the sacred name of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ, amen.

If you'd like to hear more from me please visit/follow my blogs http://missionarystudies.blogspot.com/
http://sisterprettyman.blogspot.com/
Thank you!

~Love Sister Prettyman~

No comments: