Saturday, August 24, 2013

Smarty Pants Missionary

This week has been crazy. As in, it is hard to remember everything that happened because it's been crazy. 

The highlights of this week were definitely the lessons that we taught. EVERYBODY WE TEACH HAS TO BE THE BIGGEST SMARTY PANTS IN THE WORLD. I think it's pay back for me being the way I was before my mission... aka also a smarty pants. 

We "taught" (I say it like that because it didn't feel like we taught him anything, I think he just thought we were cool and was interested in our church) This man, whose english was perfect, about what we do as missionaries. He is Roman Catholic and it was so interesting because he explained what it means to be Roman Catholic in the Czech Republic. It means that your parents were roman catholic and so by birth you were declared Roman Catholic, you don't have to go to church, you don't have to believe, but you are Roman Catholic. We taught about the Restoration and he said that we were smart and passionate, but that he liked the idea that the Pope prays for his sins and he is forgiven... UGH, and then he said we could e-mail him in September... double UGH. He was so awesome, and I hope we can meet again after he has read in the BOOK OF MORMON.

Then we taught our investigator Karel again. HE IS AWESOME. He is still struggling to believe but we are working with him. HE IS AMAZING. Whether or not he makes it all the way to baptism or not, I just want him to know that God is there. HE IS. ALWAYS. And he always will be. 

I got to go on Sister exchanges this week because my companion is the sister training leader so I was companions for the day with my old MTC companion Sister Steglich. IT WAS REALLY FUN. We just contacted together but it was crazy because while we were in the MTC we never thought we would get to walk the streets of Prague together. WAY COOL! 

Then we had an amazing training. President McConkie is the best. He taught us about Christ as a shepherd, I hope you can all read John 10 this week and think about how Christ truly is our shepherd and what that means. He leads us and protects us and he is so humbly. It is beautiful. Then he commited us to getting 2 new investigators each week. We are pumped to meet our goals this week. I can hardly wait to start!

I love you all and pray for you
Sestra Bruno



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments: