Monday, March 10, 2014

If you want to baptize as many people as you can, you have to talk to as many people as you can

Oh man have we been talking.

I don't think I have ever talked to as many people in my life. I'm talking trams, trains, streets, restaurants. EVERYONE. Everyone in the city of Plzen is going to know that I, Sister Bruno, am a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, at least. What I have figured out is that is the best way to do missionary work. YOU TALK TO EVERYONE. and then sometimes you get rejected so hard. And then later in the day you see them walking down the street, or riding in a tram and you contact them again and you get their number. It's the double contact... works every time!!!

If you are wondering about Simona and the girls... THEY HAVE A BAPTISMAL DATE!!! April 19th.It was such a good lesson. The only thing is that Simona is pretty shaky about it and she came to church this week but didn't bring the girls and now isn't setting up with us and her mom is really really sick right now so she has to take care of her too. Saaaadddd. But it's okay. We are having a branch activity this week and she said she would come with the girls so  hopefully we can talk with them there. Plus we have an in with one of the ladies in the branch because they are best friends. So pretty much they are doing good... just a few snags here and there. 

As for Carolina... she dropped us. Skoda It was really sad. She texted and said that she was Catholic and would always be Catholic. We think that she probably talked about meeting with us to her family. It's okay. One day she will remember what we talked about and I hope it will bring her comfort to know that there is more. 

That is the best part about being a member of the Bhurch of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. THERE IS ALWAYS MORE! I think before my mission that stressed me out. But know I realize how great it is and how many opportunities it gives us. But mostly it just gives me faith that there are better things to come. And I don't really know what they are, but God does and he knows me and he knows what things I need. 

We had a really good week finding. We found 2 new investigators that have a TON of potential. One of them has met with missionaries before and is still reading the Book of Mormon!!! and the other is this way cool lady that we contacted at like 8:45 at night right outside our apartment. We were about to go inside but we decided to talk to her right before she got on the bus. She is so cool. She is evangelical but said she still has questions. We talked about the Book of Mormon and she said that she had always thought that there was more to the Bible. WAY COOL. The only problem is that she really loves her other church and said that it is like a family to her. But she wants to meet again! 

Basically I'm just super pumped for this week. I'm excited to talk to everyone. I don't feel afraid anymore and it's a great feeling. I just have so much trust that if I talk to as many people as I possibly can that God will trust me enough to put prepared people in my path. Isn't it just so great that we have a Heavenly Father who knows us SO WELL. We watched a mormon message this last week and at the end it said "Of all the titles of respect and honor and admiration that are given to deity, he has asked us to call him father." quorum of the 12 apostles. It's a great month to be a missionary.

s laskou
 
Sestra Bruno

No comments: