Monday, May 19, 2014

The Week of Finding

Hello!
This week was a week of finding. We had a couple RDVs set up, but nothing even close to what we normally do, and so we decided to go finding. We went finding in the morning, we went finding in the afternoon, and we went finding at night. It was kind of awful... We had a lot of rejection this week, but there are two cool miracles that happened
The first was that we met a little asian guy named Sy, he was such an awesome guy and we taught him about prayer. It was weird because I had never met someone who didn't really have a christian background, but we asked a couple inspired questions and he talked about how he really would like to know how he could be happy in life. We prayed with him and afterwards he felt soooo good and it was really awesome. The only sad part is that he didn't know his phone number because he barely moved here to France (we actually taught in English) and so we set a RDV for a different day and he didn't show up. He has our card though, so there's always hope!!!
The second was when we were on the bus. I was kind of just sitting there praying for someone, and on walked a man, who could have easily sat in an empty seat, but instead he sat next to me. This just happened to be on a day that Franny sent me two letters and I had decided to put them in my bag and read on the bus. It turned out that the man(who was from congo) had lived in the Czech Republic for 5 years and spoke fluent czech. I pulled out my letters and he even told me what some of the words she wrote meant. We set up a RDV for this Saturday because he's so busy, but we'll see what happens!!!
I'd have to say this week is definitely an example of not giving up though. Even though we had a lot of hard times during the week and a lot of impolite people, we had a lot of miracles. When I sit down and think of the week that's all I really think about. Life might be filled with hard times, but I know that if we don't give up all that really matters, all that we really remember are the good things. That's why we just keep on chugging along.
Have a good week
Love,
Elder Bruno

No comments: