Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Letters from Missionaries--Italy Rome

My last companion is on a plane home, WEIRD. I will get my next companion tomorrow morning and we will head back to the Island. It is weird to be on the main land. Things on the island just move at a different pace and the people are just friendly and unici. I love Rome though I am doing exchanges with the sister here and that is fun. I am excited to get back to normal missionary life though. I hope that is is well with all of you and will let you know how things turn out. I never get used to the changing of companions it always makes me a little sad. I feel like changing companions is like breaking up because never again will you spend 24/7 with that person and share basically the same purpose and experiences and memories and desires. I have learned a lot about being unified by my companions and becoming Zion. I love serving the Lord and am so greatful to the Lord for giving me so many amazing examples in my life over the last few months. I am really changing a lot and the lord is opening my eyes to my weaknesses and yet I feel a lot stronger than ever before. I finished the Book of Mormon again this week and I love what President Hinckley Said that year when he told everyone to read the book of mormon. He promised that no matter how many times you had read it before if you would read it again an added measure of strength would come into your life and give you the strength to overcome satan and to press forward. The more I serve God the more strength he gives me. I think I am finally begining to under stand the phrase I have sung so many times... The Lord is my light, he is my strength and my joy. I hope that you are all reading the scriptures daily and that you can feel that strength and joy. Because thats what it is all about.

No comments: