Saturday, December 22, 2007

Missionary Letters--Daejeon Korea

That's hilarious!!! I hope that the machine turned out alright! Well the work in Korea is amazing! We have 5 progressing investigators right now...The all have gained testimonies of Heavenly Father's love and now we are working of their testimonies of the Restoration. I had the opportunity to extend 2 baptism commitments this week. The first one (Pak Une He) has a Catholic background and she says that she feels that she needs to be baptized again by immersion this time. The only hang up with a baptism date is that we are unsure of her testimony of the Book of Mormon and the Prophet Joseph Smith. She really feels that the Book of Mormon is the word of God but she thinks that all good things are from God so we don't know if she thinks this is the one true church. The Korean people are very noncommittal and when you push they feel burden and will shut down so this is a very crucial time. The other commitment I extended was to a 20 year old girl named Phyo Chen Goun her sister is a member and she accepted and will be baptized in three weeks!!!! It's amazing that Heavenly Father is working such miracles. People seem to be able to understand me and I can teach the principles to help people progress in the gospel. It's so wonderful. In the MTC I set really high goals about what I thought I could accomplish on my mission. I would like to help 50 people prepare and receive baptism and 20 people to prepare and go to the temple. I prayed about these goals a lot because I was very nervous that maybe I was expecting to much, but while I was in the MTC Elder Ballard came and talked about how President Hinckley is very concerned because the work is no where near where it should and could be. He told us that if we have EVER heard or thought that we were going to a non baptizing mission we should repent and get it out of our head. He told us that we could be like the sons of Mosiah and help thousands come to the knowledge of Christ and the restoration of his gospel. I believe him and I want to serve the kind of mission that I know I have been cut out for. The time has come to gather the four corners of the earth and I have been promised that I would be a powerful force in that work. Please pray that I will have the faith to do these things. I know that through Christ all things are possible. I just hope I am brave and strong enough to help this work go forth. I love you all so much. I wish I could tell you about every lesson we have taught this week but I just don't have time. If you have time I encourage everyone to study Preach My Gospel. It really teaches everything necessary for us to fulfill our purpose in this life. I have been so blessed to be called to Korea. I love the people here so much. Sister and I struggle because we are both new to the language but it's amazing how the people we are teaching need the gospel explained in a more basic way then the previous missionaries have taught so we are able to really help them progress not only despite our weaknesses but because of them. I love ya'll and I never take your prayer for me for granted.

No comments: