Sunday, November 21, 2010

Elder Callahan: Online Missionary

Elder Callahan, Utah Provo MTC Referral Center Mission
Hi, I’m Elder Callahan.  I have been called to serve as an online missionary in the Referral Center Mission in the Provo MTC.  I am very grateful for the opportunity I have to serve.  I have always wanted to serve a mission.  I was originally "honorably excused" from serving a full-time mission.  (Click here for the whole story.)  Then, I got a call to serve in this mission I am currently in.  I love the work we do as missionaries and the wonderful opportunity we have to invite and help bring others unto Christ.
I am a violinist and have been ever since 3rd grade.  I love to perform hymns, because it is my way of "giving back" to the Lord and all those who have helped me.  I know that I have been blessed in so many ways during my lifetime.  It humbles me to look back on all the mistakes I've made in the past, but to see how the Lord has helped me to overcome them and gradually become a better person through Him.  This makes me think of a poem called The Touch of the Master's Hand, which shows that the worth of an old tattered violin is in the music it can provide, not the looks of it.  However, it takes one with precise skill to truly show how much worth the violin has.  We are like the violin and the master is Christ.  By following Christ's example and teachings, our value can be more clearly seen.


I bear testimony that Christ is our Savior and Redeemer - that through Him, we can become perfect and worthy disciples of Him.  I bear testimony that Heavenly Father knows each of us personally and constantly blesses us in our lives.  I bear testimony that if we ask Him through prayer, we can know if we are in the right place at the right time doing the right thing.  I know I am.  I am honored to have received this call from Him and the trust He has placed in me with bringing more of His children to Him.  I am grateful for all of you who have helped and supported us missionaries and ask that you continue to support and use us in the work of the Lord.  Take advantage of mormon.org and the social networks us missionaries use.  Thanks again!

Love, 
Elder Callahan

No comments: