Sunday, November 21, 2010

Elder LeeMaster: LDS Online Missionary

I'm Elder LeeMaster, one of the full-time online missionaries. I serve in what is called the Referral Center mission which means I do all my teaching of the Gospel of Jesus Christ online via chat, or over the phone. There are 52,000 missionaries around the world, and I'm one of only a handful who works this way. It's a really great experience for me to be able to do missionary work this way!

I've been out on my mission for just 18 months now and the miracles that I have been able to see as I have talked to people about their Savior and have seen them make changes in their lives have been incredible! Often times it is difficult for people to understand how we do our work in such and environment where we can't see peoples' faces or look into their eyes. But it is amazing to know that the Holy Ghost is there to testify to people that the things we share with them actually are true.





RC Mission- July 2010

I know that God lives. He loves us so He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to come here as a sacrifice for all of us. Through Jesus Christ we can all repent and be forgiven of the many sins and mistakes that we make in this life. I know that Jesus Christ lives, and that He leads and guides this church; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He has called and prepared a prophet and apostles in these days, so that we might be able to receive all the divine guidance and revelation as people in ancient times have. If anybody has any questions about this work, and would like to know more about our beliefs and especially if you want to come to know these things for yourself... Just come to Mormon.org and chat live with a missionary! We would love to share more with you.

Love,

Elder Todd LeeMaster

Referral Center Mission Provo MTC (LDS Online Missionary)

1 comment:

Lois Hammond said...

Over the past 18 months, I have had many opportunities to speak with you. In your blog, you said, "I know that God lives. He loves us so He sent His son, Jesus Christ, to come here as a sacrifice for all of us. Through Jesus Christ we can all repent and be forgiven of the many sins and mistakes that we make in this life." I know from my conversations with you that you truly believe this.

Recently I asked someone if he is a member of the LDS churh. He answered that he is not and he went on to say that he is a Christian.

I confess, there was a time when I would have wondered whether Mormons are Christians or not but I can no longer make a blanket statement declaring that Mormons are not Christians. Most of the LDS members I know love Jesus very much. They accept him as Lord of their lives, taking his commandments very seriously. Their faith impacts every aspect of their life. They know that they have no hope of eternally living with God apart from Jesus Christ. True, there are many differences between evangelical Christians and LDS Christians, but both center their lives on Jesus.

Thank you for your willingness to devote your time and resources in service to the Lord of your life.