Friday, December 17, 2010

From Mongolia to Montana

My name is Elder Catron. I am currently serving a mission in the great states of Montana and Wyoming. When I originally got my mission call it was to the Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia Mission. Myself and others never made it to Mongolia though because of VISA issues. After spending a very long time in the Missionary Training Center in Provo, UT, we were reassigned to serve in several missions in the Western United States including Colorado, Utah, Washington and Montana.

The Mission has been very unpredictable so far. That's one reason why I love it. One of the areas that I served in, Lander, WY, was only 170 miles from my hometown Manila, UT. My parents even lived in Lander for a while. It was like serving at home. One benefit of being so close to home was I periodically received very fresh cookies from my mom. I have found that all of my areas eventually feel like home though.


When online missionary work was introduced to me I was a little doubtful about it. Not only was I worried that it would be less effective then the normal work that I did, but I had never tried to share spiritual insights on a computer before. As I've been doing the work online my mind has been changed. There are literally hundreds of millions of Heavenly Father's children on the internet and they all need the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Online proselyting may be a way that we can reach more of these people than previously possible.

I have had success in fulfilling my purpose online. I am currently working with someone that is very close to following Jesus Christ's example by entering into the waters of baptism. I pray for them every day and hope that I can write inspiring words to them. I hope my words can be a force for good for many. It is my prayer that the online proselyting that has been going on is a way that the words of Christ can enter into many homes and hearts all around the world.

The Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored and lives on today. The Standard of Truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop this work from progressing. Persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble and calumny may defame, but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent. Till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country and sounded in every ear, till the purposed of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say, "the work is done."

Please follow my blog called, The Standard of Truth.


Thanks for reading.

--Elder Catron 

Montana Billings Mission

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a transition. You sound like a very dedicated missionary. Good luck in Montana!