Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Elder Joshua Wood: Online LDS Missionary Work

My name is Elder Joshua Wood, and I'm currently serving in the Michigan Lansing Mission.  A few months ago, our mission president informed us that in addition to serving as full-time missionaries in our proselyting areas, a few missionaries would become part of a pilot program for missionaries, using Facebook and other internet services as a proselyting tool.  I was a little skeptical at first, admittedly, but I have since found the internet to be a very valuable contacting tool for missionary work.


My mission has been an amazing experience for me so far.  I always knew that I wanted to serve a mission, but I had no idea what I was getting myself into.  I was told to expect hard times and difficulties, but I didn't really understand what that meant until I came into the field and experienced things first hand.  I have learned so much about myself, and who the Lord needs me to be.

As for online missionary work, the internet can be such an amazing tool.   A lot of the social world today involves the internet, and there are many people who are very difficult, if not nearly impossible to reach, any other way.  Through the internet, we can reach out to individuals all over the world.  It is my hope and prayer that the Lord will help me, through my words and efforts, touch the lives of many people.  I may not be a full-time online missionary, but I am more than willing to try and help anyone I can.  If you have any questions, feel free to contact me on facebook, or check out my blog Why I Believe.

Thanks!

Elder Joshua Wood

Michigan Lansing Mission

No comments: