Friday, January 7, 2011

Online Proselyting

Follow my blog @ http://www.jordonsargent.blogspot.com
Life is FANTASTIC as a missionary! My name is Jordon Sargent and I am currently serving a mission for Jesus Christ. I am serving in the "Montana Billings Mission" and, at this time, am assigned to spread the "good news" among the people of Billings. My purpose as a missionary is to invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive the restored gospel. The way we go about doing this is by helping God's children develop faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement. We then help them learn and apply repentance in their lives. Faith and repentance then lead to the ordinances of baptism and receiving the Gift of the Holy Ghost. After they have grasped all these truths, we teach them the importance of living Christ like lives and enduring to the end for the rest of their lives.



What I love about the Gospel of Christ is that it never changes. The doctrine is the same, the comfort is always available, and Christ is always there. Something that is constantly changing, however, is technology and how we communicate with people. Three months ago, we as missionaries were assigned to proselyte online. When I first heard the news, I couldn't believe my ears! Missionaries online? Every day? I thought it was crazy! However, I have come to know that it was inspired because I've seen the fruits of being online. We were assigned to set up a "Mormon.org" profile. We were asked to create a blog and update it frequently with inspiring posts that will bless others. And finally, we were also asked to go on facebook and communicate with members and non members and strengthen their faith in the Savior.

I have been blessed in the fact that I have seen numerous baptisms come from my online efforts. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the Lord's Kingdom preparatory to the second coming of the Messiah. I know that to be true and I am grateful for the new opportunity that we have as missionaries to spread the gospel online. It has been said of prophets in this dispensation that the purpose of the Internet is to spread the gospel. It is about time we utilize the world wide web for its intended purpose - to help others come closer to Christ!

Elder Jordon Sargent

Check out my blog:  Elder Jordan Sargent

No comments: