Sunday, February 6, 2011

A new calling... Online Missionary


I'm Sister Gorder serving in the Santa Rosa California Mission. I LOVE serving here in California. Its been a great experience for me so far to be serving the Lord.
Sometime in October 2010, I was serving in Vacaville, CA. I received a call from the assistant missionaries telling me that I needed to attend the leadership meeting that was coming up. I was very nervous, not knowing what to expect.
I arrived at this meeting, which was a few days later after I received the phone call. There we were told of a new thing that was happening. Not all missions are doing this, but our mission was one of the few that were chosen for this new thing.


Yup, some missionaries were chosen to be an online missionary. We were told that we would get a facebook, a blog, and spend a 1-2 hours a day online to teach the gospel and share experiences that we have had. Yes, I was one of those missionaries that were chosen.

To be honest I didn't know what to think or what to expect from this calling. Having had this calling for a few months now, has really changed my view on a lot of things. Its exciting to see that we are not only walking the streets, knocking on doors, and riding bikes; but we are also sharing the gospel through, facebook. I love being a missionary and sharing the gospel. Sometimes when I try to explain my experiences they never turn out the way I want it to when I'm saying it out loud. It works for me being able to type it out and read it.:)

I'm grateful for this calling, and to be able to teach people online. Its been a great experience for me.

Its exciting for me to see that the work of the Lord really is going forward, and I'm happy that I have been able to be a part of it. I couldn't ask for anything else right now, I'm very happy to be here serving the Lord!

Sister Bianca Gorder
California Santa Rosa Mission


Check out my blog:  Remember Who You Are and What You Stand For

2 comments:

Sister Brook Kenemore said...

being an online missionary is such a priveledge! being able to share the gospel with people all around the world! It truly is amazing to help people in more than just talking with them, but writing out of feelings for them to see! you are a great Missionary Sister Gorder

And the City Lights Blur.. said...

Thanks dad, I like this post because that's where my bff from college, Amanda Lowder is serving her mission. It will be fun to read blogs from fellow sister missionaries in her mission :)