Tuesday, April 19, 2011

3C

”LDS
Mongolian CTR ring
Life doesn't always go the way we have planned it. Sometimes the Lord has another plan in store for us that we weren't expecting. Most of you probably don't know, but I was originally assigned to the Mongolian Ulaanbaatar mission. 3C stands for a number of things to me. First of all, it is the Mongolian version of 'CTR.' 3C actually stands for Зөв Сонголт which means 'choose the right'. Anyway, the other day I was looking at all of the missionaries' cars and noticed something cool. The number and letter for the cars originating from the county of Billings is 3C. Somehow there is yet another connection between Mongolia and Montana.



Montana Billings license plate

In one of our last zone conferences we had the opportunity to hear from Elder Allan Packer of the Seventy. Elder Packer talked a lot about how we were specifically assigned here to the Montana Billings Mission. I was on the stand playing the piano for the meeting so he had me stand and talked to me with his back facing the audience for a good three minutes about how even reassignments were inspired and that I was in the right place. It was very awesome and I am glad to say that Montana is the place that I am supposed to be. This reminded me of the 3rd verse of the song in the LDS Hymn book 'I'll go where you want me to go' which reads:

There’s surely somewhere a lowly place
In earth’s harvest fields so wide
Where I may labor through life’s short day
For Jesus, the Crucified.
So trusting my all to thy tender care,
And knowing thou lovest me,
I’ll do thy will with a heart sincere:
I’ll be what you want me to be.

I’ll go where you want me to go, dear Lord,
Over mountain or plain or sea;
I’ll say what you want me to say, dear Lord;
I’ll be what you want me to be.

The Lord always has a plan for us, we may not see the whole picture at once, but I know that he has the best in mind for us.Nothing happens by chance and everything happens for a reason. Let us do our best wherever we are 'called to serve.'
To check out more experiences that I have had on my mission go to my blog at:

No comments: