Monday, December 9, 2013

Changing All Our Natural Habits

Dearest Family,

A big ahoj hoj from Plzen.

 After being here for a week I am realizing that I am one of those missionaries that is just meant to plant seeds. I got here only to find out that there are absolutely no investigators in this area. (This area has only been opened for 4 transfers so as long as I have been a missionary) YES. So after having a mini-panic attack because I am the senior companion (I'm suppose to know what I'm doing and I don't AT ALL) and praying a whole ton... I came up with the solution. Kontakting. It's so fun. Really I love it. It reminds me of two transfers ago when we opened Namesti Miru in Prague. We didn't have anyone during those transfers and now we have solid investigators and one even with a baptismal date. We will find the elect here in Plzen too. Already last week we saw a lot of success and we have a ton of potential, we just need to get people to meet with us... the problem every missionary has...  But really starting at ground zero just makes me realize that there is so much room to grow and to change and that's why we are here as people on the earth. To learn and grow. So I can't wait to grow-up in Plzen. It's going to be SUPER. Sister Jackson is really good. She is so sweet and really dedicated to the work. If anybody has anytime this week they should write to her because she is kind of having a hard time with her family and just missionary life. It would be really really nice and I think that she would really appreciate it.

This week in personal study I have a goal to focus on CONVERSION. What does it mean to be converted? I was reading in the Topical Guide today and one of the Synonyms for conversion was change. I thought that was interesting. The more I read the more I discovered that when we are converted we change all of our natural habits, everything that the world tells us to do to become Godly. True conversion. It's so hard. Sometimes I really don't want to do what needs to be done. REALLY don't want to. But I know that every time I do something that scares me, or is really really hard, that I am coming a little closer to being like God. It's a good feeling. So I hope that everyone will try to do something this week that scares them, but helps them come closer to Jesus Christ. For me it is kontakting people on public transportation. It scares me so bad, but it shows God that I have faith and trust him. 

I love you all so so much and hope that everything is good!!!

s laskou
Sestra Bruno

No comments: