Monday, November 12, 2007

Missionary Recipes

Most missionaries have some dish that they consider their favorite. I had one that was quick to make and used ingredients that you can find in most countries including Italy, Canada and even Saudi Arabia. I call my dish Chinese Yum Yum: 1 can of bamboo shots, one can of water chestnuts, one onion, six eggs, two cups of rice, 1/2 cup of soy sauce. Cut up onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots. Put small amount of olive oil on bottom of pan. Add onion, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots. Cook until vegetables are dry on medium heat. In small bowl mix eggs with soy sauce and stir. After a few minutes add mixture scrambling the eggs in the pan. Put rice in pan and boil for ten minutes. I add three cups of water for two cups of rice. In less than twenty minutes you have a tasty dish. Keep rice separate and use in the morning with raisins and milk for breakfast. If there is any leftover mixture tastes better with a day in the fridge. Please share your favorite missionary recipe. I am looking for twenty or thirty so my daughters can expand their missionary meal selections. What is your favorite missionary dish and why?

No comments: