Saturday, December 4, 2010

Elder Miller: LDS Online missionary?????


The decision to serve a mission has been the greatest decision thus far in my life. It has been such a blessing to be able to serve the Lord. I have learned so much out here in Connecticut, and my understanding of the Gospel has increased dramatically. I really didn't have a clue how important it really was until I came out and learned it for myself. The things that are learned on a mission cannot be learned in any classroom. They have to be experienced first hand. In doing so you learn so much about yourself and others. By losing yourself in the Lord's work you allow him to shape and mold you into the person he wants you to be. It then prepares you for the rest of your life.


When I heard missionary work was going online. I was pretty excited and a little skeptical. Mainly just because it's going away from the traditional way of doing things. And maybe a little bit because we are instructed not to use the Internet, other than for Myldsmail.net. I also didn't think it would affect me at all. But here I am now. Elder Miller, online missionary for The Church Of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It has been such a great experience and I am so glad I have been able to be a part of it. We are able to reach so many people this way, that may have never been reached if it hadn't been for the Internet.

Using the Internet we are able to keep in touch with not only our current investigators but also people from all over the world who may have an interest in learning more about the Gospel, and for some reason people seem more open on the Internet than out in the real world. Weird I know. It has been really good to be able to be a proselyting missionary and also an online missionary, we are able to teach the lessons in person, then we can send links for videos or talks that may help resolve any questions and concerns. I think it is an excellent combination. The best of both worlds.

With missionary work going online now it makes me think of the standard of truth set up by Joseph Smith: "The standard of truth has been erected. No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs may combine, armies may assemble, calumny may defame but the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly and independent. 'Till it has penetrated every continent, visited every clime, swept every country, and sounded in every ear, 'till the purposes of God shall be accomplished and the great Jehovah shall say "the work is done"."

With love,

Elder Miller

Connecticut Hartford Mission

Check out my blog!!!!!

No comments: